Detailed Syllabus for High School Teacher (Sanskrit)
PART I (15 Marks)
Module I : Renaissance and freedom movement
Module II: General Knowledge and current affairs
PART II (5 Marks)
Module III: Methodology of teaching the subject
- History/conceptual development. Need and Significance, Meaning Nature and Scope of the Subject.
- Correlation with other subjects and life situations.
- Aims, Objectives, and Values of Teaching – Taxonomy of Educational Objectives – Old and revised
- Pedagogic analysis- Need, Significance and Principles.
- Planning of instruction at Secondary level- Need and importance. Psychological bases of Teaching the subject – Implications of Piaget, Bruner, Gagne, Vygotsky, Ausubel and Gardener – Individual difference, Motivation, Maxims of teaching.
- Methods and Strategies of teaching the subject- Models of Teaching, Techniques of individualising instruction.
- Curriculum – Definition, Principles, Modern trends and organizational approaches, Curriculum reforms – NCF/KCF.
- Instructional resources- Laboratory, Library, Club, Museum- Visual and Audio-Visual aids – Community based resources – e-resources – Text book, Work book and Hand book.
- Assessment; Evaluation- Concepts, Purpose, Types, Principles, Modern techniques – CCE and Grading- Tools and techniques –
Qualities of a good test – Types of test items- Evaluation of projects, Seminars and Assignments – Achievement test, Diagnostic test –
Construction, Characteristics, interpretation and remediation.
- Teacher – Qualities and Competencies – different roles – Personal Qualities – Essential teaching skills – Microteaching – Action research.
PART III (80 Marks)
Module I. Jyotisa:
Text -Brhajjataka of Varahamihira – Chapter I & II
Module II. Nyaya:
- Tarkasamgraha (Without Dipika)
- Nyayasidhantamuktavali upto Sabdakhanda (Without Dinakari)
Module III. Sahitya: Kavya and Nataka
- Kumarasambhava of Kalidasa – Chapter V.
- Balaramayana of Ananthanarayana Sastri (Balakanda and Ayodhyakanda)
- Abhijnanasakuntala of Kalidasa
Module IV. Sahitya: Vrtta, Alankara and Poetics
Anustup, Indravajra, Upendravajra, Vamsastha, Vasantatilaka, Malini, Mandakranta, Sardulavikridita, Sragdhara & Arya.
Upama, Rupaka, Utpreksha, Atisayokti, Samasokti, Dipika, Aprastutaprasamsa, Arthantaranyasa, Pradipa, Ananvaya, Anuprasa & Yamaka.
Text- Kavyaprakasa of Mammata Bhatta :Chapter I& II
Natakalakshana, Arthopakshepakas, Pancasandhi, Bhava and Rasa.
Text- Dasarupaka of Dhananjaya and Natyasastra Chapter VI&VII
Module V: General (Sanskrit)
Text- A Short History of Sanskrit Literature by T.K.Ramachandra Iyer
Module VI: Vedanta
Texts – 1. Vedantasara of Sadananda
2. Bhagavadgita – Chapter I & II
Module VII: Vyakarana – Samjna and Sandhi
Text – Laghusidhantakaumudi
Module VIII: Vyakarana – Karaka and Samasa
Text – Laghusidhantakaumudi
NOTE: – It may be noted that apart from the topics detailed above, questions from other topics prescribed for the educational qualification of the post may also appear in the question paper. There is no undertaking that all the topics above may be covered in the question paper