DETAILED SYLLABUS FOR FINAL EXAMINATION (DEGREE LEVEL)
Main Examination for the posts of Junior Manager (General) in Kerala State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd. (Cata.No. 07/2021)
Distribution of Marks and Detailed Syllabus
- Questions based on MBA – 60 Mark
- Special Topic (Subject Related to the nature of duty of the post) – 20 Mark
- General English – 10 Mark
- Regional Language (Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil) – 10 Mark
1. Questions based on MBA
Module I: (6 Marks)
Process of management – planning – types of plans – organizing – organization design – structure & process – line & staff – delegation – centralization and decentralization – directing and controlling – control techniques.
Module II: (6 Marks)
Communication process – Factors affecting communication – Channels of communication – barriers to effective communication – Improving interpersonal and organization communication
Module III: (6 Marks)
Financial Statements– Meaning – Objectives –The structure and contents of financial statements– The profit and loss account and the Balance Sheet.
Module IV: (6 Marks)
Techniques of Financial Statement Analysis: Ratio analysis-(problems)-Types of ratios-Ratios to understand the financial status and performance of an organization- Ratios and their uses.
Module V: (6 Marks)
Role of operations Capacity planning, Aggregate Production Planning methods QualityDimensions, Cost of quality, Total Quality Management- TQM tools. Benchmarking, Kaizen, Employee empowerment, JIT. Quality management Systems- ISO 9000, ISO 14000, BIS. Short term scheduling.
Module VI: (6 Marks)
Production Planning and Control, Materials Management: Inventory control techniques, Purchase decision- MRP-I, MRP-II, ERP. Make or Buy decision. Vendor management. Supply Chain Management- Drivers of Supply Chain Performance. supplier performance appraisal.
Module VII: (6 Marks)
Forecasting & Planning. Forecasting methods, factors affecting forecasts – Materials planning,Materials Cycle and Flow Control Systems, Materials Budget- Purchasing: Purchasing organization, duties of purchasing department, centralized and localized Purchasing, purchasing policies, budgets, methods of purchasing, buying factors, source selection, source development, make or buy decision.
Module VIII: (6 Marks)
Legal aspects of purchasing, imports and exports policy, lead time analysis, purchasing and quality assurance. International purchasing, Purchasing procedures and records: Requisition, purchases order follow up and expediting systems, receipt and inspection.
Module IX: (6 Marks)
Stores management and Control: Stores and Stores organization: Organization of stores location and layout of stores, Relevant factors in design of stores. Functions of stores keeping, stores records and procedures
Module X: (6 Marks)
Types of stores-Stock verification-types, process. Obsolete, surplus and scrap management. Standardization and variety reduction- Classification, coding and codification system
2. Special Topic (Subject Related to the nature of duty of the post)
Module 1 : Introduction to Kerala State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd. (SUPPLYCO) (5 Marks)
- Establishment of SUPPLYCO.
- How does it cater the need of people of Kerala?
- How has it become an inevitable part of Govt. of Kerala over the years?
- Functions of SUPPLYCO.
- Organization structure of SUPPLYCO.
- Area of activities of SUPPLYCO.
- Office networks (Head Office, Regional Offices & Depots) and retail outlet networks of SUPPLYCO.
- Board of Directors of SUPPLYCO.
- Subsidized items distributed through the outlets of SUPPLYCO.
- Pricing & Brands of SUPPLYCO. (Sabari Brand).
- .Tendering process in SUPPLYCO.
Module 2 : Public Distribution System (PDS) in Kerala (5 Marks)
Functioning of PDS in Kerala.
Role of SUPPLYCO and Civil Supplies Department.
Enforcement of market discipline.
Various schemes in PDS in Kerala.
Role of Food Corporation of India (FCI)
Module 3 : Paddy procurement. (5 Marks)
Overview of paddy procurement in SUPPLYCO.
Minimum Support Price (MSP).
State Incentive Bonus (SIB).
Module 4 : Service Rules existing in SUPPLYCO & IT Policy of SUPPLYCO (5 Marks)
KSCSC Common Service Recruitment Rules, 2021
IT policy of SUPPLYCO, policy objective, purposes of IT usage policy and its scope only.
Details are available in website.
(www.supplycokerala.com; civilsupplieskerala.gov.in; fci.gov.in)
3. GENERAL ENGLISH
1. English Grammar (5 Marks)
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Subject and Verb.
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
2. Vocabulary (5 Marks)
- Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
- Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Words often confused
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
4. REGIONAL LANGUAGE (10 Marks)
- വിപരീത പദം
- ശൈലികൾ പഴഞ്ചൊല്ലുകൾ
- സ്ത്രീലിംഗം പുല്ലിംഗം
- ഘടക പദം (വാക്യം ചേർത്തെഴുതുക)
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender, Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
- Correct Word
- Correct Structure of Sentence
- Single Word
- Antonyms / Opposite
- Phrases and Proverbs
- Equal Word
- Join the Word
- Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
- Singular, Plural
- Adding Phrases
NOTE: – It may be noted that apart from the topics detailed above, questions from other topics prescribed for the educational qualification of the post may also appear in the question paper. There is no undertaking that all the topics above may be covered in the question paper.